Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2019

Monday, Feb. 11th

Honors English 9

Learning Target:
  • I can increase my academic vocabulary.
    • I will show this by creating a personal thesaurus to help me use academic language in my essays.
  • I can analyze an author’s choices in a text, particularly concerning setting.
    • I will show this by reading, discussing, and writing questions about a short story.
Homework:
  • Read the short story “American History” by Cofer (on Classroom)
    • As you read, write the following in your notebook:
      • Any comprehension questions you have:
        • “What did it mean when…”
      • At least 5 analytical questions you have:
        • “Why did the author use…”
          • At least two of these questions should relate to setting
Resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment